|Matt Versus Slenderman|
|Title screen shot|
The player controls Matt, who must collect several pages while avoiding Slenderman.
- Matt must explore several locations in order to find several pages. Places can be accessed by walking, jumping, entering/exiting doors and collecting keys.
- Slenderman is one of the several hazards of the game; the player is alerted to his presence by appearing via split-second cutscene. Slenderman will then usually appear onscreen in the game. If Matt continues facing him for a couple of seconds that will end the game, along with coming into contact with him and a grim reaper character if all pages are found. Falling into pits, water and being impaled on spikes will also end the game. There is also several multi-colored objects in the castle that, if Matt makes contact with one of them, will turn all onscreen platforms into water, which will end the game if Matt falls into them (especially if any of the areas have spikes underneath them).
- Turning away from Slenderman for 1.5 seconds will cause him to disappear.
- There are three ways to play: regular, turbo (with Matt, the grim reaper and the crawling Slenderman moving at a very fast pace), and starting a game where Matt is positioned at a different starting place.
- Once the fifth page is collected, beware! Slenderman will appear in a different, fast-moving form and could head straight for Matt.
- Unlike how the game states, there are actually nine pages to be found in order to get to the end of the game.
- At the title screen, use the z (normal play mode), x (turbo) or arrow keys (start game in different area) to start a new game.
- Use the x key to view last page collected.
- Use the z key to jump.
- Use the arrow keys to move.
- Use the up or down arrow keys to enter a door or below ground area.
- Use the p or Enter key to pause the game.