Go for a walk! However, is this just a normal "stroll", or does the drab background/colors and blood-spattered bodies littering the landscape suggest that something much more sinister is afoot?
- Just move! The player will mostly move to the right during the entire game.
- Barriers impede the player's progress; buildings must be entered in order to defeat them. The player can either take an additional exit to bypass a barrier or they will run across one or more consoles complete with one or more red lights. Interacting with the consoles will turn the lights to green; once this has been accomplished, the barriers will be removed, the player can exit the building and continue on their way.
- Once the player encounters the monster, they must get close enough for it to realize the player is near so it can attack and kill the player, thus completing the game. There is no way to avoid or defeat the monster.
- Use the right arrow key to start a game.
- Use the left/right arrow keys to move the player.
- Use the up and down arrow keys to enter and exit buildings (respectively) while standing in a doorway.
- Use the up arrow key to interact with a console while standing in front of it.
- Use the Escape or Enter keys to pause the game.